The following link lists the eight U.S. universities that comprise the 'Ivy League' – a small group of private universities that enjoy a reputation for providing excellent education, and attract top students.
It is interesting to note that the term 'ivy league' originally referred not to academics but to sports. The original Ivy League brought together not minds, but football teams. That said, these eight universities have some educational and institutional traits in common beyond their athletics programs. All are long-established, private universities; all are in the Northeastern U.S.; all benefit from sizeable endowments and generous alumni financial support; all are highly selective – and all are very expensive.
How to Prepare for the College Fair
Ivy League Connection Student Blogs
- Colleges Ranked by Freshman Class Quality
- SOURCE: National Association of College Admissions...
- CHOOSING A COLLEGE
- SPRING CALENDAR -- COLLEGE DATES
- WEST CONTRA COSTA PUBLIC EDUCATION FUND
- GOODEN FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
- YALE UNIVERSITY -- New Haven, Connecticut
- Princeton University is located out of the big ci...
- UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA -- Philadelphia, Pennsy...
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY -- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE -- Hanover, New Hampshire
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY - Ithaca, New York
- Columbia University is New York City's only Ivy L...
- BROWN UNIVERSITY - Providence, Rhode Island
- The following link lists the eight U.S. universiti...
- Welcome to the Ivy League Connection -- Getting In...
- ▼ February (16)